Operate a variety of production machines and perform various assembly operations either manually or by using various pieces of production equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Move controls to position tool and work-piece in relation to each other, and to set feeds, speeds, and depth of cut
- Observe operation and regulate tool position and action
- Verify conformance of machined work-pieces to specifications
- Assemble small parts or assemblies either by hand or by using various production equipment and machines
- Observe machine operation to detect machine malfunction
- Measure work-piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation
- Remove burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work-piece
- Perform minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work-pieces
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree; OR one to three months related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Regularly able to stand; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; able to talk or hear. Occasionally able to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Regularly able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently able to lift/move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift/move more than 250 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to tolerate frequent exposure to vibration, and occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electric shock
- Ability to tolerate a usually moderate noise level