Support and maintain laptops, desktops, tablets and printers. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and software. Troubleshoot, document fixes and provide end user training and assistance where required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software and networking.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot basic problems with computer hardware and software.
- Ability to resolve issues in-person, via remote session, via email, via phone and via chat. Knowledge of Windows OS. Ability to install, troubleshoot or repair windows applications.
- Ability to move, setup and troubleshoot a computer system.
- Ability to image computers and transfer user data.
- Familiarity with Anti-Virus software. Detects and removes viruses.
- Maintain and update documentation in the Knowledge Base.
- Good writing skills to accurately document errors, troubleshooting steps, repairs and resolution using the Track IT ticketing system.
- Backup and cover Help Desk when needed.
- Works as a team and escalate appropriate issues to Networking, Server Support or Applications Support.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Working towards a degree or an associate’s degree in computer science
- 1-2 years of prior relevant experience is preferred but not required
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows Desktop operating systems
- Understanding of basic PC and printer operation
- Basic understanding of network technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as good oral and written skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills are essential
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Some travel required