Prepare shipments for pickup, including picking and packaging orders. Receive incoming shipments, including unloading product, verifying product, and properly log actions taken.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspect ready to ship items for specified packaging techniques.
- Procure packing list numbers from production control for ready to ship items.
- Enter all shipments in the shipping log.
- Load ready to ship parts & materials.
- Band and/or wrap parts & material to ensure safe & secure shipment.
- Verify ready to ship tag information.
- Put finish wrapped parts in staging area to be shipped out.
- Inspect all incoming loads for secure packaging before unloading.
- Unload delivery trucks.
- Enter received goods in the receiving log.
- Fill out & attach receiving tags to incoming parts.
- Verify goods unloaded with invoices.
- Report all damaged items to shipping receiving foreman.
- Take rework to rework area only if properly identified.
- Know location of all raw parts.
- Maintain respectful and pleasant communication with customer's truck drivers.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Operate forklifts in accordance with Forklift Operator's Handbook & License.
- Meet attendance, safety and behavioral requirements.
2nd shift, 11 am - 7 pm