Skilled grinder responsible for setting up and operating OD grinders to grind steel and carbide tools. This position represents an opportunity to service the tooling needs of a reputable and growing list of customers, and offers a long-term career path within a stable organization.
- Analyze blueprints, visualize grinding process, and understand the sequence of machining operations required
- Understand the characteristics of abrasives in order to select and dress the appropriate grinding wheel
- Select optimal feed rates, grinding speeds, depths of cuts, etc.
- Inspect and verify dimensions of work piece for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as templates, micrometers, dial indicators, and gauge blocks
- Hold tight tolerances
- Previous experience setting up and operating OD grinders
- Favorable background check, drug test and physical
- Ability to read micrometers
- Basic math skills, including working with decimals
- Must be able to stand for long periods
- Must be able to lift up 30lbs periodically
- Must be able to work unsupervised after training period
- Must be a focused individual