To establish and maintain a production schedule for all work cells and individual operations that will maximize the utilization of all equipment and ensure that products are produced to meet the delivery expectations of the customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To produce and maintain a perpetual production schedule that ensures products and services are produced to meet the delivery expectations of all customers.
- To plan and facilitate all manufacturing activities and resources to ensure that parts are produced to meet both the prevailing production schedule and the agreed delivery date to the customer’s.
- Produce a schedule that minimizes part changeovers in both time and quantity.
- Produce a schedule that ensures all work cells are scheduled to maximize uptime, capacity and production efficiency.
- Communicate with all relevant personnel concerning any production related bottlenecks that may adversely affect meeting either the schedule or customer requirements.
- Actively participate in decisions relating to production of new products or product lines.
- Communicate with customers via telephone or in-person as required.
- Identify and report on any capacity constraints that may have an adverse effect on the current or future delivery performance of the business.
- Produce a schedule that is consistent with achieving company specific goals.
- Complete all administrative tasks as required.
- Pro-actively participate in company-wide continuous improvement activities.
- Work diligently to constantly reduce the possibility of manufacturing non-conforming products.
- Consider the safety of other personnel of utmost importance at all times.
- Work in accordance with all company policies and procedures at all times.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
Qualifications and requirements
- Must have complete knowledge of production scheduling and shop operations.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment to assure delivery requirements.
- Required to be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
- Solid understanding of CNC programming and operations.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all manufacturing methods, techniques, and related equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to function using a variety of information systems, both in-house and external.
- Must understanding cellular concepts, lean manufacturing and Kanban systems.
- Must be computer literate, particularly in shop floor control, production planning, and inventory control applications.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- A minimum of 3-years in a supervisory or manufacturing management role in the manufacturing industry.
- Background experience in all aspects of production.