Primary responsibilities include the management and controlling of all material flows and inventories, balancing demand and supply, and securing exceptional cost-effective delivery performance to customers.
Provides leadership for Basic Data Management, Production Control, Inventory Management, Scheduling, Warehousing, Purchasing / Vendor Management, and Shipping / Receiving.
- Plan, create and manage production jobs according to customer requirements and inventory strategies to coordinate proper scheduling and balancing of demand and supply.
- Maintain and continuously improve basic data processes and data quality through entire product life cycle.
- Manage the overall purchasing process (RFQ, supplier selection, negotiations, supplier agreements, contract management, vendor releases, deliveries, etc.)
- Responsible for inventories and inventory management to optimize overall value, and minimize slow-moving and obsolete inventory.
- Manage an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
- Participate in corporate planning routines (budget, forecasting, investments, staff, capacities).
- Develop tools and KPI’s to support the materials and logistics process with accurate and timely communication of information
- Works closely with other departments, particularly Production, Accounting, Controlling, Sales, and IT to optimize material control and flow, and provide flawless deliveries to customers.
Educational requirements and experience:
BBA in Business, Supply Chain Management or similar area of study. Master’s Degree a plus.
Minimum 7 years progressive leadership experience in a combination of purchasing, planning, logistics, production control and/or inventory control in a manufacturing environment. Automotive experience a strong plus.
Expert knowledge of SAP and MS Office required.
Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Commensurate with experience, $80,000+ / year