Mechanical Design Engineer
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete tasks as assigned by Engineering Manager.
- Calculate and lay out dimensions, angles, curvature, and relationship of parts and components using standard drafting practices, equipment configurations and manufacturing technology.
- Create multiple view detail drawings using computer-aided design equipment.
- Confer with internal engineering and sales personnel relative to machine specifications, design information, machine capabilities, concepts and problems.
- Complete/document engineering changes, changes to design of parts, revising drawings and bill of materials to maintain updated drawings according to drafting procedures.
- Prepare Bill of Materials listing parts to purchase or fabricate for assembly.
- Draft multiple-view assembly, sub-assembly and layout drawings required for assembly and repair of machines and equipment.
- Respond to questions from manufacturing personnel or detailers related to clarification of assembly and detail drawings.
- Select commercial hardware and components as identified by design engineer or team leader.
- Review project milestones weekly to ensure timely execution of milestones.
- CAD experience required (AutoCAD and Inventor preferred)
- Experience with designing packaging machinery, plus an in-depth knowledge of product handling, machine capabilities and assembly principles.
- Use of mathematics together with the analytical use of engineering charts, tables, and use of various type of precision measuring instruments.
- A good knowledge of assembly principles, and machining capabilities
- Strong people skills, with the ability to direct efforts of others and work harmoniously within a team.
- Ability to handle and coordinate multiple projects