Under the direction of the Shipping Leader, the Packager is responsible for making containers and packaging parts as required for shipment by performing the following duties:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assemble cardboard boxes and crates, or select and prepare returnable containers as required for the parts to be packaged.
- Package parts as required by part count, and any special instructions according to the part number, packaging information book, and work instructions.
- Verify and keep records of parts packaged, parts on floor, and parts on hand in warehouse (finished goods).
- Make and affix labels and any other identifying information that may be required on packaged containers.
- Place packaged parts onto pallets according to requirements and/or fill pallets to proper amounts by container size.
- Main work area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Inspect materials, products, and containers at each step of the packaging process.
- Loading and unloading trucks in the shipping dock when needed.
- A physical presence at the plant location(s) is required.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Shipping Leader or upper management.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.