Powder Coating Technician
Provide customer satisfaction by coating parts per Quality Standards to meet or exceed customer requirements; ensure profitability by meeting department Quality Objectives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sprayers - full face hood (NIOSH TC-21C-483)
- General work in powder room - 3M dust mask and ear protection.
- Primers - charcoal respirators (NIOSH TC-23C-325)
- Comply with WCT safety procedures, guidelines and posted safety regulations.
- Comply with relevant QMS procedures and work instructions.
- Know what is critical on each part; i.e., what must be a Class A finish.
- Recognize a dirty part before coating to ensure a low reject rate.
- Foresee any powder contamination problems.
- Visually inspect parts leaving powder booth.
- Set up and operate spray guns at top efficiency.
- Apply a clean and even coat of powder to part at an efficient rate.
- Operate and clean sifting machine.
- Clean and set up reclaim system between jobs.
- Make color changes at efficient rate.
- Communicate effectively with line leader and other powder technicians.
- Clean and maintain spray guns and booth.
- Vacuum and organize powder room as needed.
- Energy Control Training: Affected: Prior
- Hearing Conservation Training: 48 hrs.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic math skills: addition and subtraction.
- Evidence of listening and communication skills.
- High visual perception needed for in booth inspecting.
- Six months powder coating or other spray painting experience desired.
- Forklift driving experience preferred.
- Inspection experience desired.
- Spray painting training desired.