Robotic Welding Technician
A Robotic Welding Technician is responsible for increasing company profitability and maintaining employee working conditions by providing manufacturing departments with well-maintained equipment, while ensuring quality and ability to meet production requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set-up and teach robots as required
- Troubleshoot and adjust robots, weld controllers, etc. using PLC’s and HMI
- Assist with changeover of equipment, components, and tooling
- Provide support to production in order to ensure a smooth production run: i.e Setup, toolchange, problem solving
- Adjust MIG, Spot, and Arc Brazing welding schedules on Medar, Lincoln, Fronius and Panasonic weld controllers
- Maintain equipment to ensure machines produce quality parts
- Responsible for daily preventative maintenance
- Assisting in the implementation of continuous improvement activities
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Works in compliance with TS16949 standards.
- Maintains due diligence in regard to environmental matters, minimizes any potentially harmful accidents, and works in compliance with ISO 14001. Follows the environmental guidelines for aspects as outlined in the job training requirements.
- Works in compliance with all legislative requirements of MIOSHA and will be accountable for specific Health & Safety responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues
- 3+ years of experience strongly preferred
- Must have very strong PLC skills
- Experience working with Motoman & Fanuc robots, and Allen Bradley PLC’s
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Strong problem solving techniques
- Ability to read blue prints
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be flexible with working hours
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug screen
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Post secondary diploma from a technical college in Robotic Welding, Electro-Mechanical, or Automation strongly preferred.