The shipping and receiving clerk position verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
- Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
- Operates the stretch wrap banders.
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order, which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- May make pick ups and deliveries to our suppliers for parts and raw materials using a company vehicle.
- Organizational Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Must have recent shipping and receiving experience; 1+ years preferred
- Must have ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions, and use simple math
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Licensed forklift truck operator preferred